List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [Chat] KDE/GNOME main lacks, accordingly to an italian
From:       Ruth Ivimey-Cook <Ruth.Ivimey-Cook () arm ! com>
Date:       2000-03-16 11:42:15

At 09:44 AM 3/16/00 , you wrote:
>1) A GUI-based installation tool equivalent to InstallShield and Wise

I would agree we need to make installation more user-friendly. kpakage is a
start, but a long way from the gui-friendliness of installshield. So yes, I
would welcome an IS-type product.

>2) An integrated, uniform, printing/plotting support like the one supplied
>by Windows via the device context for printing.

I believe this too is something we can benefit from, although it's hard /
v.hard to do in the disparate printing environment which characterises the
Unix world. However, it is something which MS included because people
wanted it -- wanted the knowledge of what the printed version of their tome
would look like, not just what it was on-screen.

Regards,

Ruth
--

Ruth Ivimey-Cook       Senior Engineer        Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@arm.com