List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [Chat] KDE/GNOME main lacks, accordingly to an italian
From:       "M. Neidorff" <neidorff () bellatlantic ! net>
Date:       2000-03-16 10:36:56

At 10:44 AM 03/16/2000 +0100, you wrote:

>1) A GUI-based installation tool equivalent to InstallShield and Wise

I don't see this as a great issue.  If we get a gui front end to RPM then
that problem is solved.  Of course, you're not talking about the slowness
of IS or the "checking for disk space" etc. etc.

>2) An integrated, uniform, printing/plotting support like the one supplied
>by Windows via the device context for printing.

On this I vote absolutely not.  Linux makes printing a bit more difficult
because it can interface to many disparate printing systems without the
extreme overhead of windows.

Mark
               ___
             __HHH__
              (@ @)
| Mark Neidorff                |Descartes walks into a bar, the    |
| neidorff@bellatlantic.net    |bartender asks,"Can I get you a    |
| Just Answers!                |drink?"  Descartes replies,        |
| Computer Systems Solutions   |"I think not." --and he disappears.|