List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Distributed configuration
From:       "Arthur H.Johnson II" <arthur () tucows ! com>
Date:       2000-03-14 16:49:06

The best way would be to configure KDE in the home directory under ~/.kde then
tar up that directory when you are done.  That is what I did to get the
consistancy between the two desktops I have at work.

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Ted Olsson wrote:
> Is there an easy or any way to make distributed configuration for kde?
>
> Wish:
>
> I would like to change the look and feel (color and pics) and add some
> applicationlinks to the desktop. Then whenever I create a new user in
> the system, he or she will get the exact same look and feel and links as
> I configured when the log in.
>
> I have been fooling around with the files in
> /usr/local/kde/share/config, but since I don't know what all files are
> for I have not succeded and therefore writing you this mail.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Ted
> --
> Send posts to:  kde@lists.netcentral.net
>  Send all commands to:  kde-request@lists.netcentral.net
Arthur H. Johnson II       arthur@tucows.com
Tucows Linux Manager       http://linux.tucows.com
Tucows Linux News Editor   http://news.tucows.com/linux
Tucows Linux Ftp Manager   ftp://ftp.linux.tucows.com
Tucows HOWTO Manager       http://howto.tucows.com
Tucows BSD Manager         COMING SOON!
--
The real reason large families benefit society is because at least
a few of the children in the world shouldn't be raised by beginners.