List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE 2 on Solaris 7 sparc problems
From:       "Michael Teske" <mteske () c-s-k ! de>
Date:       2000-03-03 18:34:41

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Michael Teske wrote:
>
> > 1. qt-copy: For some reasons I had to compy all the src/*/*.h files into the
> > include directory by hand or qt refuses to compile.
>
> Did you read the README ? ;)

Okok, will send this to trolltech;-)

> > 4. kdebase: kappfinder doesn't work. It breaks with an error message. This is
> > because some feature missing in the solaris /bin/sh. If one starts it with
> > bash, it works. Maybe the linux sh is bash in fact?
>
> Yes.

If one puts then $filename in line 55 in "" it workst with solaris' sh, too.

> > 5. running kde: I get lots of crashes (which is okay for a prealpha-version, of
> > course) . A general thing I observed is that many crashes happen in the debug
> > functions or in printf's, because a string argument is in fact a NULL pointer
> > (this is never checked anyware). I cannot believe that the developers get all
> > those crashes, too, so either linux does allow a printf("%s", NULL) or
> > something else must be wrong that lots of those pointers are NULL at my system.
>
> There has been some work on that recently.

Ah, ok. So I'll cvsup from time to time and see. Is it ok to post bugfixes or
similar here? or better to the development list?

> > If anyone is interested in my help fixing that, please send me an email and
> > I'll elaborate more details.
>
> We are very interested in feedback such as yours. Don't forget to state
> the version number (or date of the snapshot) next time.

It was cvsupped this morning.

Bye, MIchael
--
Michael Teske
"My opinions are not necessarily understandable."