List:       kde
Subject:    DCOP, starting KDE2 problem
From:       "Nick Pleis" <npleis () cei ! net>
Date:       2000-03-01 7:13:56

Hey,

I'm at my wits end as to why I can't get KDE 2.0 binary distribution to run.
I've set it up (un-tarred it to /opt/kde2) and everything works almost as it
should. When I start kde, I get a splash screen..and then a nice window with
the widgets working and everything. However, I also get an error message
about "make sure a dcopserver is running" Kicker does not seem to start..I
get no panel..just a desktop with desktop icons...the right click menu
works...but I can't open konquerer or anything.

Anyone have any idea what the culprit likely is?

Nick