List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Problem with Kmail
From:       Mark Koek <mark () koek ! net>
Date:       2000-01-13 8:53:02

Dan Ferris wrote:

> Whenever I click on the icon to send mail with Kmail, the window will
> pop up that gives the SMTP commands that it is executing.  After it
> starts transmitting the message, Kmail will hang and expand itself to 63
> MB of resident memory (according to the KDE process manager).  This is
> worrysome because I only have 64 MB of RAM :-)

I've got it crashing on send, too. This started after I've had
"Automatically sign using PGP" switched on without PGP installed (like a
it will not send anymore, even after a reboot.

Also, I can't use it because I need IMAP (or POP with 'Leave on server'
working properly).

I'd really love to get rid of the piece of closed bloatware I'm using
now, though (see headers for details).

I know how open source works: if you're missing a feature, you could
always do it yourself. I've looked at the code though, and I could
really use some pointers on where to start. Is there a developers
list/newsgroup for KMail?

Thanks,

Mark Koek