List:       kde
Subject:    Not KDE, but please help anyhow...
From:       "Sam BC" <sambc () nights ! force9 ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-12-12 23:22:11

I consider myself a reasonably competent Linux/KDE user - I've used for some
time now. However, I recently fitted an ISDN-card to my PC, which runs fine
under windows, but I discovered that the standard Kernel that came with
RH6.0 seems not to include ISDN4Linux. I have recently gotten around to
downloading the latest kernel and compiling it. Being a sensible sort, I
kept the old kernel as well, and have both available on lilo. However, when
I try and boot with the new Kernel it says "Setup File Not Found".

Anyone able to help? the kernel is linux.2.3.31 from a tar.bzip2 archive,
and I used the full sequence of setup steps - make mrproper, make xconfig,
make zImage, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install, then copied
files and used the lilo tool of linuxconf. When this didn't work (giving the
above error) I located various scripts (not mentioned in the documentation)
in the output directories, and ran them one at a time before reconfiguring
and installing lilo. Nothing worked!!!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam BC
Code and design: Nights (http://www.nights.force9.co.uk)
                             Foundation & Robots
(http://www.nights.force9.co.uk/asimov/)
Code: The Lizard Queen's Return to The Jungle
(http://www.nights.force9.co.uk/naima/)