List:       kde
Subject:    CAD file formats
From:       "Van Sweevelt Jan" <jan-vansweevelt () freegates ! be>
Date:       1999-12-12 22:09:26

Hi,

I'm rather new on this lists (and on KDE development).

I wonder if there is interest in specific CAD file formats for Linux.
I'm about to start writing a DGN scanner (Microstation format, supported by
Bentley and Intergraph) and plan to use Kdevelop (to much problems and
crashes at my windows box at home). Later perhaps DWG format (Autocad).

If there is interest we can maybe include support in the K file manager. A
simple viewer will be developed first, initially in Java (for the 2d
libraries) later on with Qt (more performance).

If there is interest please let me know. I will start this project anyway (I
actually have allready a simple scanner written in java), but it's allways
nice to know if there is enough interest (to keep me motivated ;-). Later on
a CAD drawing program can use these libraries to support existing file
formats.

greetings

Jan Van Sweevelt

Belgium