List:       kde
Subject:    Re: No suggestion [was Re: kde suggestion]
From:       "Seak, Teng-Fong" <seak.teng-fong () iname ! com>
Date:       1999-11-18 12:51:13

Andreas Pour wrote:

> This is exactly right and there is no need for sarcasm here IMHO.  Most
> programmers, and AFAIK all the programmers you mention above, really appreciate
> feedback and suggestions on how to improve their program.

     I did.  I suggested that it'd better to base programmes on existing ones so
as to provide a stable version, but they just didn't want to hear.  Anyway, as
they like and they could spend all their spare time to redo all the researches
that the others had already done.  I want to stop this discussion.

> However, nobody
> likes to be told "I think your project inherently sucks and should stop
> existing".

     Hey, I didn't say that!  When you say "you", hope it's in a plural form, not
in singular form, ie me.  I never used the word "sucks", mind you.  I just told
the fact that kdvi either took excessively long time to come out, or it doesn't
come out at all and I've found no way to know what happened inside it.  I didn't
say either any project should stop existing.

> In addition, since the programmers are doing things for free and as
> a gift, it is nice if you politely make a suggestion, rather than make demands
> [deleted]
> light of day.  In the spirit of open source development, you can contribute or
> you can suggest, but you cannot demand.

     I totally agree with you (except a point which needs to be clear), but they
don't actually apply to me.  What's the difference between suggestion and demand?
To some degree, a wish can be considered as a demande.  Do you mean suggestion vs
order?