List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Thoughts of a KDE sceptic
From:       "Seak, Teng-Fong" <seak.teng-fong () iname ! com>
Date:       1999-11-18 9:49:44

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Seak, Teng-Fong wrote:
>
> >      Just a little point about Acroread: neither kghostview nor xpdf could
> > replace Acroread because a PDF document isn't simply like a PS document.
> > There can be hyperlinks, forms, contents, etc, inside it and for all these

> > only Acroread could support it.
>
> Try xpdf before criticizing it :-)
> It does hyperlinks just fine (never had a pdf with forms) while using
> something like 10% of the resources of acroread.

     I know xpdf could support hyperlinks, but please notice the word "all" up
there.  I was talking "links, forms, contents" as a whole.  Ok, English isn't my
native language, I might have made a mistake and if that's the case, I apologize
for not being clear.

     To check for contents, if you've got the Acroread installed, take a look at
reader.pdf and you'll find that it's easy to read a large document with its
content visible.

     For forms, sorry, I can't remember where we could find examples.  I vaguely
remember there's a site, something like "Eyes on Ireland", which provides a PDF
with forms.