List:       kde
Subject:    Re: stions
From:       Jens Benecke <jens () pinguin ! conetix ! de>
Date:       1999-11-01 23:20:21

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 10:31:11PM +0100, Boris Povazay wrote:

> > > Sorry about my ignorance
> > That's perfectly all right. Three years ago, I started just about where
> > you probably are now. So _please_ don't be afraid to ask questions. :)
> > I think someone should probably put up some kind of guidelines on what
> > information you have to provide if you ask a question about your linux
> > system... sometimes it's really hard to know what infos you have to
> > provide if you want a meaningful answer. (...)
> It would be great if there would be a standard to do this (within kde) At
> least a routine that reads and displays this data and makes it available
> to insert it in a message (as attachment).  And the newbie should
> immediatly know how to use it (automated send and attach procedure)!

Did anyone say kwatson? :-)

Seriously, I think such a tool wouldn't be too bad after all. At least the
points that I mentioned (and the hardware arch probably) should be
mentioned.

There is ver_linux, which collects info about your Linux kernel and system
tools (in case you use Linux) and does that job quite well. There should be
something like this for KDE as well, perhaps coupled with kmail.

Is there a way to start kmail with pre-set "to:" field and attachment?

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

Windows NT indeed has very low Total Cost of Ownership. Trouble is,
Microsoft _owns_ Windows NT. You just licensed it.