List:       kde
Subject:    RE: Redirection Official RH 6.0 RPMs
From:       Duncan Haldane <f.d.m.haldane () mciworld ! com>
Date:       1999-11-01 0:38:10

Hi,

If you really want to run RH6.0 with /opt/kde  you can

try installing the "Official" RH6.x rpms with

rpm ....  --prefix /opt/kde

You may find a few rough edges because some configuation files
may not be properly configured for the change.

On the other hand,
you can run the "rh5x" rpms which I maintain (at ftp.kde.org)
on RH6.0, with or without rebuilding them.   (you should use the
qt-1.44 that comes with the original RH6.0 distribution, not
the qt1x-1.44 of the latest Official-RH release.)

The "rh5x" rpms install by default into /opt/kde, but are robustly
relocatable to *any* location are installation time.
The install-kde-1.1.2 script will ask you about this.

I have tested these "rh5x" rpms well on RH6.0., but not
RH6.1.  Still, you are probably best off moving with the flow,
and just accepting the Official RH installation to /usr.

Duncan

However, if
you upgrade to RH6.1, you will probably have to go wit

E-Mail: Duncan  Haldane <f.d.m.haldane@mciworld.com>
Date: 31-Oct-99
Time: 19:26:14

This message was sent by XFMail