List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Unable to locate host?? HELP!!
From:       Bob <rear () sirius ! com>
Date:       1999-10-26 2:12:55

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Robert wrote:
> I have the SMTP and POP servers described correctly. KMAIL gives me a m=
essage
> stating that it cannot locate the POP host.

I suspect you need to check your /etc/resolv.cong file for the
address of your net provider and the dns addresses

Mine occasionally disappears and I have had to rebuild it. Of that, I
was browsing through config files as user, and saw an option whose
comment said if it were set a certain way, and something happened, it
would erase your resolv.conf file. What is that, anyone, and tell me
a littel more. Maybe i can go in as root and set it properly

--
Bob Rea

=09Freedom is only privilege extended
=09=09unless enjoyed by one and all