List:       kde
Subject:    Running KDE 1.1.2 & 2pre on same system
From:       Mark A Roberts <maroberts () dial ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1999-10-21 10:51:44

I'd like to be able to run both KDE 1 [for most users] and KDE 2 [for a
few development accounts] on a system.

I obtained & installed the source tar files for KDE 1.1.1 and I intend
to get a CVS download of KDE 2. {i`ve done this before, but gave up due
to time pressure]

My problem is ensuring I can build and run KDE2 without it picking up
KDE 1.x files and also ensuring KDE 1.x does not get corrupted in any
way.

Does anyone have any advice on how to set this up ?

KDE 1.1.2 is already installed in /opt/kde - I'd like to put KDE 2 in
/opt/kde2