List:       kde
Subject:    RE: Why has god decived me ?  Why must I be banished in to hell ?
From:       "patrick" <patrick () hci ! utah ! edu>
Date:       1999-08-26 14:45:35

Aren't there some nice tunneling apps available to get thru firewalls from
the inside?  I can't recall the app names offhand, but I thought they
allowed one to, essentially, get around proxies/firewalls vis a vis services
and functions when installed behind the firewall.  Of course, you would
certainly have to install Linux on your system (since the tunnel apps that I
have seen are linux apps)...or perhaps you could cross-compile them for
windoze?  I had considered installing some of these things on my personal PC
on my job at the local air force reserve base - I'm a reservist - but
decided against it.  Though I was not looking to do anything nefarious with
the tunnelers, it could easily be misapprehended that I was up to no good.