List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Looking for documents you've written !
From:       Jens Benecke <jens () pinguin ! conetix ! de>
Date:       1999-08-15 20:52:42

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 01:33:49PM +0500, Ahsan Ali wrote:

> > I'm glad to see there is some support out there.  I was a little afraid
> > I would get blasted for posting such a subject to a mailing list, but I
> > guess not.  As far as Jens Benecke's German docs, I will still post
> > them, also requesting any possible translation.. Maybe we'll find
> > someone who will do it ? :)
>
> How about seeing how well http://babelfish.altavista.com handles them?

Well. ;-) I perhaps should have been more translator-friendly in creating
the text. As it is, I used quite a lot of proverbs and tongue-in-cheeks
that just plainly create confusion if you feed them to babelfish. For
example, I wrote 'Grundalgen' (ground algae) which is a deliberate spelling
mistake for 'Grundlagen' (basics) because so many people get stuck there
already.  :-)

I would be perfectly willing to help anyone out in translating, if there
are people here that would like to start. It's just that I don't have the
time for the whole thing. :(

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

  If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
    And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
      And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort,
        Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!