List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Kdat - Cannot make it work
From:       "Vincent - D. Ertner" <kde () eec ! de>
Date:       1999-08-09 23:00:54

Hello twanny,

Monday, August 09, 1999, 5:44:08 AM, you wrote:

t> This is getting silly now. No matter what, I cannot make Kdat work. All I get
t> is 'There is no tape in the drive' I even upgraded to kernel version 2.2.3
t> from 2.0.36 using RH5.2 and still the same message. Am I missing something
t> here. Are there any kind souls out there who have been through this process
t> before i.e. trying to use Kdat successfully. I'll be eternally grateful if
t> anybody could point me in the right direction of how to make Kdat work Step
t> by Step.

It's a silly question, I know: Are the devices set up correctly? I mean, have a
look at the properties, apply the correct device or ensure, that /dev/tape (?)
ist linked to your hard drive ...

I have a SCSI-Tape at /dev/st0, a link to /dev/tape - and it works fine. I mount
the tape, it identifies, I formatted it the way I wanted to ... well, that's all
folks ;-)

Best regards,
 Vincent                            mailto:kde@eec.de