List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Switching users fast?
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-08-09 21:55:35

Jeffrey D Anderson [JDAnderson@lbl.gov] wrote:
> -- Jeremy Blosser writes:
>  > Jeffrey D Anderson [JDAnderson@lbl.gov] wrote:
>  > > Unfortunately, if you use KDE for both sessions you'll find that
>  > > kpanel is dead in the first session.  None of the buttons work, and
>  > > restarting the panel doesn't fix it.  The only choice is to log off
>  > > and log back in again.  For me this is the single glaring flaw
>  > > remaining in KDE.  I've found myself trying to explain to users why
>  > > they shouldn't log in at more than one console at a time, and I have
>  > > to admit that the explanations must sound a little lame.
>  >
>  > Here I have no idea what you are talking about -- I do use KDE for both
>  > sessions, and everything has worked fine.  It works for me in 1.1 and 1.1.1
>  > both, can't remember if I ever did it under 1.0.

> The basic problem is this: If you have two computers (or displays)
> that share home directories (so this could be two displays on the same

Ok, now I remember this... the operative part of the issue is that it only
happens if the two KDE's share the same home dir (eg, are the same user).
We were specifically discussing two different users running KDE... not that
what you mentioned doesn't need fixing, but that's why I was confused.
My apologies.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/