List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kdelibs 1.1.1
From:       jonas <jonas () spejsa ! nu>
Date:       1999-07-31 17:00:07

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Magnus Benngard wrote:
> jonas wrote:
>
> > well, i have more problems with configure/make (not that i ever
> > solved the last problem):
> > i just installed QT2.00 AGAIN, with no error messages or other
> > problems.
> > now i'm trying to install KDELIBS-1.1.1., configure runs smooth
> > as silk, but as soon as i run make, everything goes haywire:
>
> As far as i know kde 1.1.1 requires qt-1.4x not qt-2.x so please downgrade.

:(
now here's my whole problem history
i tried to run configure for kberoftpd and caitoo and got some sort of
error about qt not being a new enough version. (i had 1.4x installed)
so i installed qt2.0, and now configure got past the qt-problems and
instead i stops at "checking for kde libraries..." with the error message:
"you system fails at linking a small KDE application!"
since it stopped while checking for kde libraries, i decided to try to
install kdelib-1.1.1, which obviously is not going to help me. does
anyone know what to do? thanks a lot...

jonas