List:       kde
Subject:    Re: FTP with username and password does not work in KFM?
From:       Mark Roberts <maroberts () dial ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1999-07-28 11:22:58

I believe KDE 1.1. has a problem with ftp access [something to do with a
PORT command] which prevents access to some FTP sites, this problem
appeared to be solved in KDE 1.1.1

I've found the easiest way to recursively download directories is to use
the old fashioned text ftp access.

If you wish to recursively download a directory "dir" simply do

get dir.tar.Z

it downloads a compressed tar file of the directory AND ALL
SUBDIRECTORIES [if the FTP server supports compressed downloads]

You can then untar this directory ["tar xvzf dir.tar.Z"] on your local
machine.

Regards
Mark Roberts