List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A couple of kde-related problems
From:       George Hademenos <gpete () ev1 ! net>
Date:       1999-07-06 5:01:03

OK forget all this RPM crap....look just build KDE into /FRED/programs and
then rm -rf everything when you get tired of it....also don't forget to set
ld.so.conf to find /FRED/programs/kde/lib and be done with this argument.
That is enough and you people are wasting bandwidth arguing about whose
distribution uses what directories...just be glad that LINUX gives you
FLEXIBILITY to put anything anywhere you want it...and forget all those
restrictive package managers.