List:       kde
Subject:    RE: KDE - OK
From:       "Markus Holzem" <markus () holzem ! de>
Date:       1999-07-05 20:15:30

Hi Troy,

Peter and I agreed with Waldo to set up a special
mailinglist for this issue. It will have the same
policy like kde-devel - everyone can read it but
only people who ask/get invited can post messages.

I've started this morning to collect the standards
from the existing sources (KDE Style Guide and KDE
Style Book). Furthermore I played a bit more with
the mouse to get an idea how the user is supposed
to interact with selected/unselected objects and
the background. There os nothing written down about
that by now.

Now I started writing it down - give me some days
to make it consistent and to check it twice to
minimize the uproar ;-) - perhaps until the end of
this week. And I want to make it short. Developers
should be able to use it as a quickreference.

Then the developers should check it whether I made
any big mistakes. Since KDE exists some time we
should not break already existing standards that
make good sense and that are accepted by the users.
This may possibly take another week.

With these basic standards agreed upon we can generate
a form that we can use to check the KDE applications
one by one. By that time kde-ui should be active.

Ciao,

Markus