List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A couple of kde-related problems
From:       "Patrick O'Neil" <patrick () hci ! utah ! edu>
Date:       1999-07-04 15:25:11

dep wrote:
[...]
> no, red hat should be left to go its own way, lose market share, and
> gradually get written out of the community.
[...]

Boy, talk about an axe to grind.  Redhat is doing exactly the opposite
of your desire.  They are gaining market share in a BIG way.  That is
not to say I care, I tried Caldera's Openlinux 2.2 before going back
to RedHat - it simply would not install (Caldera) on my system and
limited my choices during the install.  I tried and tried and tried
but had to return the software.  I don't care what distro I use, they
ALL work (except for OpenLinux installation on my non-broken system)
and run the same software, but I know Redhat, and Redhat simply installs
without problem on my system.  Linux is linux.

patrick