List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A couple of kde-related problems
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-07-04 4:57:13

dep [dep@westnet.com] wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jul 1999, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> |I agree with this, and so far no one in this thread has disagreed with it.
> |What we objected to is the statement that RH was to blame for this stupid
> |decision.  This is an issue with the FSSTND, not RH (except, again, insofar
> |as RH has decided to follow the FSSTND -- which, again, most people tend to
> |consider a good thing).
>
> red hat alone among distributions follows this phony-baloney
> standard. and red hat alone is receiving complaints for having done
> so. so it seems as if practically no one considers it a good thing.

Ever heard of Debian?  The copy of the FHS (next generation of the FSSTND)
I have locally came by way of SuSE.

Anyway, the FSSTND (and FHS) are pretty well established.  If you think they
are phoney-baloney, go do some research.

I really am done with this thread now.  Good night.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/