List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Autostart; Virtual Desktops
From:       Stefan Paletta <sp-kde () WRonline ! de>
Date:       1999-07-03 11:19:31

Matthias Carlsson wrote/schrieb/scribsit:
> I like to use my virtual desktops for specific program (e.g. I always
> use GIMP on desktop #3). Is it possible to put a kdelnk in Autostart
> and then tell KDE to start this link on Desktop x? Right now, everything
> appears on Desktop #1.

Start the application with kstart in the autostart folder.
Launch kstart in an xterm to see how it works.

I have:
Exec=kstart "xosview -title xosview -geometry 156x104+4-27 -xrm \
\\"xosview*background:rgb:46/82/b4\\"" -window xosview -dektop 6 -nofocus -decoration \
none -sticky

to get an xosview in the lower left corner right over the kpanel
without window decoration and a background color that is the same
as my desktop background color. Nifty thing!

Stefan