List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDM Installation
From:       Dave Baker <dsb3 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-06-26 23:42:17

Actually that'll take you to the KDM config application, not KDM itself.
To get KDM to run take a peek in /etc/inittab - you'll see that under
runlevel 5 it uses /etc/X11/prefdm as a symlink to the ?dm of your choice,
defauting to gdm.  If you redirect that symlink to kdm you'll start
getting kdm instead of gdm.  Under rh5.2 (and kde1.1.1) there were a few
environment variables that had to be set in that same command line in
/etc/inittab but the one time I changed it without setting the vars it
didn't seem to make any difference....

-Dave

--

   |     oOOooO           /  dsb3@earthlink.net
 --|    oOobodoO        /
 --|     ooOoOo       /    ... you don't need much