List:       kde
Subject:    AW: Merging programs
From:       Schachner Thomas <Thomas.Schachner () HIROSS ! COM>
Date:       1998-08-27 13:53:05

     OK the subject is wrong, not merging programs-> merging
functionality for related topics

> > >         So, then please ask a lot of manager and office worker
> what they
> > > need mostly !
> > >         One more question: Why there are a lot of companys which
> swith
> > > to M$ Outlook!
> > >         (Because the E-Mail Client, organiser, calendar is a
> seperate
> > > program?)
> >
> > Are you _really_ think that Outlook is a main file manager in MD95?
> No!!!  It
> > is a separate program.
      You are right at this point, but you can access your filesystem,
E-Mails, Organizer, Calender,
      within program Outlook and thats what most ordanary manager, user,
grandpa, grandma ..
      wants.
      Maybe i find not the right words, i try: Its not the question of
ONE or several programs, its the       question of functionality on one
Window within a group of related topics .

> > >         What about Ksamba, would you think this is not a topic for
> kfm?
> > >         When you  want access a resource of windows system, do you
> think
> > > you need an extra program
> > >         to do so?
> > man smbmount
      I know this, but wouldn't it be nicer to have all your windows
neighborhood in the kfm tree
      integrated. ( Now I have to make this on the commandline to know
which smb shares
      are available to mount--> nice to have this browsed list in the
kfm )
      Is this a big problem due there is already code which makes the
      browsing and only the display in the kfm tree is needed?

> > Mount windows disk and that's all. You can use it with kfm. Or you
> want
> > to include support for all types of networks in kfm? It can be done
> but
> > not in this way.
>
> As far as I know, there are plans to provide a smb plugin for kfm.
> Remember smbmount is linux specific and kfm isn't :-)
      A question: Is there a way to mount filesystems within kfm and not
from the commandline with
      mount and umount.