List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kppp/modem
From:       mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1998-08-19 15:05:18

As far as the 115200 connect speed, that refers the the connection between your
modem and the serial port, not between the modem and the ISP (of course :-))
If set  beyond what your UART can handle,  you'll get all sorts of errors.

One thing you guys can try is to check the initialization string for your
modems on the Windows PC's. See If it is sending anything other that ATZ. With
my Motorola VoiceSurfer I had to send a few extra strings (which I do at boot)
in order to get 56K.