List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Linus Speaks About KDE-Bashing
From:       "Carl Robson" <carl () oyster ! co ! uk>
Date:       1998-07-16 9:12:52

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Taylor <master@pureinternet.on.ca>
Date: Thursday, July 16, 1998 4:14 AM

My cyrix 200 with 32mb ram copes admirably
>with a half descent desktop workstation.  A P100 with 64mb ram can easily
>handle KDE while giving us all the more advanced features and good looks
>like you'd expect.

Well you could if you wanted too, and it would probably be more stable than
slow 95/98, with little difference in speed
>After all, you wouldn't run Windows NT over win95/98 on that 486 either...
>But the choice to run NT is almost obvious for people with Pentium machines
>with memory.

I agree a system that is familiar enough for a Newbie to use, but powefull
and fast enough for almost everyone
>Thanks KDE for giving my 266mhz K6 with 128MB of ram something nice looking
>and usable than light, plain, and quick.

Me Neither
>I didn't notice any speed / memory problems...

Now al I need is some RPM binaries that will work with RH 5.0 (Hurricane)
with everything straight out of the box except qt133 added
Carl