List:       kde
Subject:    CVSUP Source Problems
From:       "Dale M. Flaven" <dflaven () netport ! com>
Date:       1998-05-31 1:29:13

I would like to get an answer to a simple question.
Is the source in cvs.kde.org suppose to always be
compile-able or is it cross-my-fingers and hope?
Then if something does not compile, wait a day or
so, update the source using cvsup and try again.
This is what I have been doing since I started
using cvsup. Since after the first compile I have
not had all the packages compile completely through.
If it is not a missing zoom.h in kghostview, it is
a missing moc file and now it is the following:

xsetup.o: In function 'init_display':
xsetup.o(.text+5ab): undefined reference to 'setupterm'
make[2]:***[kvt] Error 1
make[2]:Leaving  directory '/exth/kdesrc/kdebase/kvt'
make[1]:***[all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]:Leaving directory '/ext/kdesrc/kdebase'
make:***[all-recursive-am] Error 2

The KDE cvsup page indicates with instructions to:

make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure
make
make install

that the source should compile.
I update and try to compile all the packages
that are on cvs.kde.org. Problems