List:       kde
Subject:    Hurricane and KDM
From:       "Michael and Tanja" <dvoid () fullcomp ! com ! au>
Date:       1998-03-26 10:07:06

Now I'm new to this list so sorry if it an old topic
However, I (and about 4 other people in this little town) am having now end
of trouble setting up KDM under RH5.0.

XDM works....starts up KDE no probs, but when I replace the call for xdm
with KDM (like the way it says in the help),  KDM starts at boot (after
displaying the normal login prompt for a while) but when I log in, it just
drops back to the console login prompt.

I'm not the only one in my general locality having this same problem with
KDE under RH5.0

Maybe there is something we are missing....maybe there is a trick (or
two)....maybe KDE is not fully implemented?

Any help or ideas on the situation would go a long way to stopping the angst
in this part of the world.

If there is more information that you need, please tell me.

Thankyou

Michael