List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       Mario Weilguni <mweilguni () arctica ! sime ! com>
Date:       1997-09-10 22:09:40

A few weeks ago you replied this to a mail from Bernd Johannes Wuebben.
I've to say that you are right: Bernd's response seemed to be really
rude. It seems he doesn't really want to publish his programs under GPL.

2 month ago I talked to BJW and told him I want to write a accounting
feature for kppp - he agreed but said he doesn't want to have co-authors
on kppp. I agreed (mainly because I think PPP accounting is a very good
thing - especially if you live in Europe where you've to pay for phone
lines :-(. I wrote the accounting module for kppp and sent it to BJW.
Then he removed my name from all source files (ok, he gave me credit in
the "About" dialog. Interesting enough, he did'nt remove the credit
lines from the files his brother wrote). I found that very annoying and
that this is really bad attitude.

However, I've seen that you're writing a dialer for GNOME. Maybe you are
interested in the accounting module from kppp. I think it would be a
good idea to reuse it (because it uses a simple text file describing
accounting rules, there are already some from Italy, Spain, Austria,
Germany...).

Best regards,
        Mario Weilguni

PS: please consider this to be private mail - I do not want to begin an
email war with Bernd.