List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kmailretriever-0.1.1 problem
From:       Stephan Meyer <sensei () wiesel ! de>
Date:       1997-09-10 15:43:38

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Frederic Labrosse wrote:
> Sorry if I wasn't enough clear.  The problem is that all the transfered
> mails are saved, in fact appended, (temporarily I presume) in a file (in my
> case .labrosse.pop) in /var/spool/mail/ during the transfer but are never
> deleted.  This implies that each time you want to retreive your mails, old
> ones that are not supposed to exist anymore are also transfered.  I hope
> that this is much clear.

Thanks, that's much clearer now. :)
I'll try my own program again and will be looking for the bug. You do have
specified that you want retrieved mail deleted?

>  >
>  > I don't plan on continuing development on kmailretriever since
>  > (I) I didn't receive any mail *whatsoever* from users until now and
>  > (II) kmail will eventually incorporate POP3 features.
> What a shame!  Indeed, it is (1) really promising and (2) incorporating it
> in kmail implies that we have to use kmail even if we have another good
> mailer (I use VM in xemacs and it is just fine for me).

Thank you so much for telling me that. Unfortunately, few people care to
send my something like this.

I thought about it and propose that we keep kmailretriever as a separate
program and that kmail uses it to retrieve mail. I would then need to add
IMAP (etc.) and multiple mail server support to kmailretriever. I would do
that if the rest of the kmail team agrees on this. Stefan T.?

I'd like to hear thoughts of other people using kmailretriever, too.
Please!!

>  >
>  > In the meantime, I suggest you stick with popclient or fetchmail.
> Does popclient or fetcmail provide a nice GUI like kmailretreiver?

Both programs have a text interface, they are used in a terminal :)
Nowhere near as nice, yet very good quality. No offense :)

> Fred

- Stephan, brightened up a little.

Stephan.Meyer@pobox.com
meyerst@informatik.uni-muenchen.de
http://pobox.com/~stephan.meyer/
2A 64 F0 73 02 91 10 FC  18 CC 83 1E E2 2C 7E 79

So what would an angel say
The devil wants to know