List:       kde
Subject:    KRN
From:       Stephan Witoszynskyj <swito () fsph2 ! htu ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-08-20 1:31:34

I just compiled KDE and since I played around the last time (~ 1 month
ago), it has evolved amazingly.

One of the applications I tried was krn. Although it's already a great
programme there are a few improvements that have to be made IMO (at
least before I'm able to use it more frequent). Of course I'm aware of the
fact that it's only version 0.0.4

Here are my comments:

* regular expressions on news group names: the news server at my
university has several 10.000 newsgroups, therefore it's really necessary
to have some possibilty to search the list and to reduce the size

* speed: I guess it's because of the enormous number of news groups, but
krn is so slow that's almost impossible to use it

IMHO krn is a very promising project.

Stephan

---
Stephan Witoszynskyj <swito@fsph2.htu.tuwien.ac.at>

Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the
International Conference for Physics Students '97 (ICPS '97)
E-mail: icps97@tuwien.ac.at
---
Member of the Executive Committee of the
International Association of Physics Students (IAPS)
URL:http://www.nikhef.nl/pub/iaps/