List:       kde
Subject:    KFM suggestion
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () chaos ! umd ! edu>
Date:       1997-08-19 1:34:49

I think it would be nice if the programming could be given the option to
not display the progress window when executing a KFM::copy().  Instead,
a signal such as KFM::progress (long bytesnow, long totalbytes) could be
send to the caller every so often so that it could inform the user of
progress in a way appropriate to the program's interface.

In particular, I am writing a program which copies several files in
sequence via HTTP and I'd rather have one progress bar in the main window
than many little windows popping up all over.

Just a thought.

David