List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       Alan Cox <alan () diamondage ! cymru ! net>
Date:       1997-08-19 9:23:47

> d) Pixmaps. Qt has some IO mechanism to load/save
>    pictures in various formats. And Qt features scaling and
>    rotating etc of pixmaps. This is needed for the HTML widget.

Gtk/Gdk has a suprisingly large graphical toolset given the GIMP is written
with it, and anything you seem short can be unGIMP'd. There is also imlib
from the E window manager. I'd very very much like to use that as it does
something KDE really seems to lack - you can share palettes and say things
like "All the system stuff can use 'n' colours", and imlib will do the
right thing.

Alan