List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       Alan Cox <alan () diamondage ! cymru ! net>
Date:       1997-08-19 9:27:06

>     should be basically a small percentage of new code (they are based
>     on Ghostview and rxvt respectively).

Whoops - rxvt is non commercial distribution. You actually need permission
from the university of cambridge (I believe it is) for the code derived from
xvt to be put on a CD that is sold (or has someone finally written out the
xvt code ?). The SuSE and other KDE shipping folks might want to check they
have the right paperwork (I think a lot ship rxvt so I guess they do)

>     project: they have been getting closer to cloning the behaviour
>     and bugs of the original libraries, but they are still not ready
>     for production use.

I disagree Miguel - "Almost qt and twiddle the KDE classes for the rest"
is a vastly easier goal.

Alan