List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE + OS/2
From:       Alex <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1998-01-11 10:26:04

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Kalle Dalheimer wrote:

> Ken Wenzel wrote:
> > Hallo!
> >
> > Does KDE also work with OS/2 Warp ver. 3.0 and XFree86 for OS/2 ver.
> > 3.3.1 ?
> > What must I do to get KDE work with OS/2 ? Can you help me please ?
[...]
> This is unlikely, because Qt is not ported to OS/2. So, the first
> thing that you would have to do is ask Troll Tech A/S (info@troll.no)
> for an OS/2 port.

Well, one may not need to get a specific port to OS/2 considering that it
has gcc and XFree86 ported to it.  I'd say grab exx (or whatever the gcc
port is called), XFree86 (sources), and all the other stuff needed for
kde, and see how it compiles.  I think that'd be really neat to have KDE
on OS/2.  Something like that might get me to put OS/2 on my desktop
machine(s) ;-)

El hombre mas brillante dijo una vez "Cuidado hay NT". (it's a nerd thing)

- alex