List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KSCD
From:       Sander Alberink <alberink () stamppot ! demon ! nl>
Date:       1998-01-10 17:02:12

Hi,

>   Yes, it is the latest one out, however it wasn't the internet connection
> problem.  Mine was looking for a library that RH 5 doesn't  currently have
> with a stock install.  I had to hunt it down on their site.  I'm compiling
> now,... Well, that didnt help either :  The error I received was :
> kscd:  error in loading shared libraries
> libc.so.5:  cannot open shared object file:  No such file or directory
>
> I installed Rh's upgrade, I guess it didn't do what it was suposed to.  I'll
> try to find this one out on my end, and get back to you all :)

Hmmm, seems to me that you're trying to compile kscd as a libc-5 application.
Perhaps you're better off compiling it as a glibc2 application. Allthough that
would mean having to recompile KDE (and Qt, for that matter) in whole, it would
eliminate all future problems with compiling.

--
(_'      |_|                The gates in my computer are AND,