List:       kde
Subject:    Re: FW: kde beta2
From:       Marc De Scheemaecker <marc () netvision ! be>
Date:       1997-12-30 18:26:58

Alex wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Marc De Scheemaecker wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the information could be put on http://www.kde.org/beta2.html
> > as there are many people that have those problems.
> >
> > The easiest thing to do (however, kpanel and knotes don't seem to work
> > anymore) is to get the source rpms and rebuild them.
> >
> > Perhaps someone can tell how to fix kpanel/knotes or indicate which
> > snapshot is relative stable.
>
> *Thought* why not keep an old libc5 around for KDE apps, that is if RPM
> will let 'em.

It is kept, but if you use the KDE libraries linked to libc5, you
get the errors Michael got when you try to build other KDE packages.

One solution is to keep both versions of the libraries in separate
directories and play with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that seems to me a
bit hairy ;-)
--
Marc De Scheemaecker                                      NetVision nv
<marc@netvision.be>                            http://www.netvision.be

Using C++ as OO language is like using Windows NT as server platform:
Both look nice, but don't expect to do serious things.