List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Unable to start up KDE due to hanging with a black
From:       Phillip Pi <ant () zimage ! com>
Date:       2007-11-20 14:43:24

http://pastebin.ca/790624 for the ps aux and lsof results.

> > > Lets hope we can crack it :)
> >
> > Good morning (from my side)! We better. I am going to cry if I have to
> > use another WM!! Gnome is driving me nuts. :(
>
> There is a Debian bug report [1] about this now.
>
> I am going to submit the archive reference of this thread and the one from
> kde-linux as additional information.

OK.

> Would be interesting to know if non-nvidia users are experiencing this as
> well, IIRC so far all reporters seem to use NVidia cards (with different
> drivers though)

Well, I used VESA and the latest NVIDIA beta drivers earlier and that
still hung. See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde&m=119545844030596&w=2 for
details. http://lists.kde.org/?t=119527809700002&r=1&w=2 is the whole
mailing archive with my thread.
--
"One day he sprained an ankle rather than crush an ant." --Les
Miserables
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi@earthlink.net or ant@zimage.com
    ( )