List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] "Antialias" won't click...
From:       Kev Kde User <kde () absinthe ! org>
Date:       2002-03-25 8:27:44

Hello everyone and best wishes. Just thought I'd post something quick.
Compiled rc3 last night on a sort-of stock mandrake 8.1. I upgraded from
2.2.1 mandrake rpms (removed them, make install the others as I hate their
directory scheme).

The problem is that the font antialiasing option (though set in my original
2.2.1 configs, which I've tried using and not using (moving out and
letting kde make new .kde and .kderc's)) won't stay clicked (in either old
configs or new ones). It was clicked in the former config files.

Either way, I can click and apply it when a smaller window pops up ("Show
this message again, blah blah, font only in new apps...). But when I leave
(say by clicking on "desktop" in kcontrol) and then click back on "fonts",
the option is off...)

I did have a problem at the beginning because my path didn't include sed or
sleep, so I couldn't save config changes to the files between sessions,
but that it fixed now (at least in all seeming ways).

qt was compiled with xft and I have the following freetype libs:
artemis.hall(1092)> versions freetype
freetype-tools-1.3.1-12mdk
freetype-1.3.1-12mdk
freetype-devel-1.3.1-12mdk