List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Konqueror memory bug?
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-02-28 13:14:46

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 18:00, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I tried to submit a bug report but the developers only seem to care about
> kde 3... And as I can't update to kde 3 yet

That simply is not true. If they recommend you upgrade to kde3 it is because
kde3 will be out with its new qt3 base which fixes 100s of issues before a
bug release upgrade for 2.2.x could or would be.

Not to mention the fact that the kde2.2 bug database is so bloated and
corrupted by people who have been using a program with no problem for a year
and then when they somehow mess up their system causing problems in said
application they lodge a bug report instead of fixing their system.

    Your applications do *NOT*   *catch* bugs by being left out overnight in
the cold. If an app works fine for a long time then it is not a bug if it
starts doing something that it never did before in the same circumstances.
What is most likely is that something has become corrupted which can be
checked by logging in as a new user or renaming your home/USERNAME/.kde(2)
folder in console mode and letting kde regenerate it when you start it.

andrew