List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Key mapping problem with KDE over VNC
From:       John Smith <jds10 () cam ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2002-02-28 12:35:23

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Sean McGlynn wrote:

> Can you send the results of xev, both for xterms etc. and for the
> dialogue. No need to send much, just a, b, c and 0, 1, 2.

xev doesn't respond to keystrokes (or mouse-clicks) within the
dialogue box, which I selected in the way you described. The only
events it reports are MotionNotify, EnterNotify and LeaveNotify as the
mouse pointer crosses and recrosses the window borders. Nothing from
"inside" the window shows up at all. (This is the case in both X and
VNC.)

For the present, I have devised a hideous xmodmap kludge which
forcibly remaps all the errant characters to what *I* think they ought
to be...

Best wishes,
John Smith

--