List:       kc-kde
Subject:    Re: [kc-kde] Coordination
From:       Derek Kite <dkite () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2005-08-18 3:01:08

Is everyone on kc-kde? Let me know so I can forward this to anyone missing.

A couple of quick suggestions. Maybe wednesday 12PM cutoff for commits.
Anything after that goes in the next week.

For the commentary, take a look at the last week's commentary file. I've had
trouble with the varying window widths messing up the formatting, so there is
a class in the css that colors and indents the quoted material, while
allowing it to wrap normally. <p class="commitp">. Not too complicated.

The summary doesn't contain any html tags. The server script expands keywords
to urls. The list of urls is in
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/areas/cvs-digest/enzyme/enzyme_summary.ini?rev=428907&view=markup

One way to gather the material is to all have svn accounts and commit your
changes. It would take a bit of coordination / care with the selections list.
You would need to update, edit or append your changes, then commit. To get
svn accounts, sysadmin@kde.org

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q1.8

has some stuff you need to know. If you want to go this way let me know. I may
have to ask the admin to give write access to trunk/www/areas/cvs-digest. And
yes it is terrifying the first time you commit to the repository :)

A little info on the parse_local.pl script. It is rather rough and needing
some tender care.

If you look at the script, there is a list starting with $featuredir = ...

These are the folders that it finds all the sorted and selected emails that
you want in the .selections file.

It will run through and prompt for the category (type comes from the folder).
I've got a very hacky method of saving categories, writing the path and
category to a file, and searching the file before prompting. The list is
outputted to stdout, so you can redirect, ie perl parse_local.pl >
issues/aug172005.selections.

With the svn reorg, with modules spread out in different places (one
disadvantage compared to cvs) this method sucks. I intended to rewrite the
translate_name() function to use regex', ie

if ($subject =~ (/multimedia/))       { return "Multimedia";}

etc. for the various categories. kdebase is the most mixed up since it
contains khtml, konqueror, base libraries, kate (development tool), user
interface stuff like kicker (Hi Aaron!) etc.

Derek