List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] Digest update
From:       Derek Kite <dkite () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2004-04-09 5:58:12

http://24.71.25.33:80/

Will give you the index page with a list of available digest's. Eventually
there will be a list of links on the left hand column, when I think of
something to put there. The digest's take a little bit to load. Eventually
there will be some caching to speed things up. The bug database references
are already cached. The statistics aren't working yet. Any comments or bug
references that need it are wrapped. It seems to work ok.

The digest is built from 3 files, will be 4 with the statistics. A file
containing the summary, comments and a list of commits such as...

kdelibs/kate/data/doxygen.xml,1.10,Development Tools,Feature
kdelibs/kate/plugins/autobookmarker/Makefile.am,1.1,Development Tools,Feature
kdevelop/lib/widgets/propeditor/childproperty.cpp,1.1,Development
Tools,Feature

I've got a perl script that generates the selections file from email folders,
prompting for the type of commit. The php script parses them, gets the
comments from the local cvs repository, gets the bug references, builds a
diff url and assembles the list and TOC. I works amazingly well.

http://24.71.25.33:80/list?filename=kdelibs/khtml/ChangeLog,v&branch=KDE_3_2_BRANCH&user=faure
http://24.71.25.33:80/list?filename=www/areas/cvs-digest/enzyme&user=dkite

Here is the reworked list page. Note the alternating colors for the
parameters. The colors don't make any sense except they are pale and
unobtrusive :) Is that what you meant?

$color = array("user"=>"#D6D6D6","filename"=>"#FFE0D5","branch"=>"#DBF9FF",
"starttime"=>"#FFF6BD",
"endtime"=>"#C2FFC3");

Looking at the list page, it may be helpful to put a date time somewhere for
each commit. Something like Committed by  Quacks A. Glassing on Wednesday,
October 25, 2004 at 8:31:97 in kdelibs

http://24.71.25.33:80/list?filename=www/areas/cvs-digest/enzyme&user=mfranz

will give you a query with no results.

I think the next step is a query page, which will allow testing of the rather
untried grep regex building code.

Derek