List:       kc-kde
Subject:    Re: [kc-kde] Re: maintainership of KDE Traffic
From:       "Peter Rockai (mornfall)" <mornfall () logisys ! dyndns ! org>
Date:       2003-11-08 17:49:01

On Saturday 08 November 2003 12:51, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> On Saturday 08 November 2003 06:59, Peter Rockai (mornfall) wrote:
> > Ok, so send them to the list (in the proposed format if possible), we
> > can merge. Also please post your intro, i will look whether it would be
> > possible to merge these, too.
>
> The attached file contains both my intro (rewritten to reflect the fact
> that we are a team now) and two summaries I have ready here. The other
> summaries I have match the ones already sent to this list.
>
> Please proof-read that for me.
OK.

> > Oh my... In the first place, i am not subscribed to all the lists i
> > cover. I use knode and the oh-so-cool gmane gateway (ie - i read the
> > lists in a newsreader). So i don't have mboxen of the lists available.
> > At least i can do without the stats... If you can't live without them, i
> > think you will have to do them yourself.
>
> I'll try to think about a method of reincluding the statistics as soon as
> possible.
What i can think of right now is that someone will get all the mbox folders
together and sends me an xml excerpt with them and i will include it. In long
term, i think i should be able to hack together a script to generate the
stats from knode header files. I am not sure about sizes in bytes, but i will
surely have them in lines at least (but i think byte-sizes will be there,
too).

> > > I can cover kde, kde-devel, kde-core-devel, kde-extra-gear,
> > > kde-usability and kde-i18n-doc. I'm also subscribed to kde-bugs-dist,
> > > but I guess you don't want that covered :)
> > >
> > > Anne-Marie Mahfouf offered to cover kde-edu.
> > >
> > > What can you cover?
> >
> > I can do kde-devel, kde-core-devel, kmail, kde-pim, kde-optimize,
> > kfm-devel, quanta-devel (or what is it called) and koffice-devel.
>
> Proposal:
>
> Anne-Marie covers kde-edu
>
> I cover kde-i18n-doc, kde-usability, kde-extra-gear, kde, kde-devel and
> kde-core-devel
>
> Peter covers kmail, kde-pim, kde-optimize, kfm-devel, quanta and
> koffice-devel
Well, ok. I will look into other lists as well (ie the yet uncovered ones)...
Also, i would like to cover a thread on kde-core-devel from time to time, but
will announce it soon enough (hopefully). :).

> > I have hacked together simple cooperative buildsystem, which works like
> > this: i drop individual summary files into a directory
> > (kc-kde-<issuenumber>) in something.d style (01-intro.xml 10-kicker.xml
> > ...) and it generates and validates the resulting kc-kde-<issue>.xml,
> > which can be sent to Zack (if i understand it correctly).
>
> Can you please provide it to me?
Attached. It works like this (as of now): in standard ktbuild directory,
create directory kc-kde-67, throw some xml files (01-intro.xml 10-kicker.xml
11-dimap.xml and so on) into it, copy (and chmod +x) the mkkdetraf script
there and run:
$ ./mkkdetraf > kc-kde-67.xml && make
You have the resulting html in kc-kde-67.html for viewing pleasure.
kc-kde-67.xml is the file you will want to send to Zack. But i will do this
step, so do not bother (after proofreading and maybe slightly editing your
contributions).

> > OK, we can standardize on Sunday.
>
> So our first issue will be KDE Traffic #67 for Nov 9, 2003.
Yes. I will be sending it to Zack tomorrw in the morning (ie, before the
noon).

> > > What do you think? Would that be good for the KDE project?
> >
> > Good idea, i will include it.
>
> I've already included it in the file I'm attaching.
OK.

cheers and good morning/day/evening/whatever...

--
Peter Rockai (mornfall), mornfall()logisys!dyndns!org, mornfall.homeip.net
He says gods like to see an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.

["mkkdetraf" (application/x-perl)]

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use POSIX qw(strftime);
my $authors = '';
my $issue = 67;
my $idir = "kc-kde-$issue";
my $date = strftime '%b %d %Y %H:%M:%S +0000', gmtime;

print<<EOF
<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<kc>

	<title>KDE Traffic</title>

	<editor contact="mailto:mornfall\@logisys.dyndns.org">Peter Rockai
	(mornfall)</editor>

<issue num="$issue" date="$date" />

<headquote>

If you like KDE Traffic, please consider making a donation to the KDE
project.
Visit <a href="http://www.kde.org/support/">http://www.kde.org/support/</a>
for  details.

</headquote>

EOF
;
opendir D, "$idir";
for (sort grep (!/^\.|~$|.bak$/, (readdir D))) {
	print `cat $idir/$_`;
}

print "</kc>";