List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] KDE promo
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2003-05-04 18:46:37

Hello people,

I noticed that KC KDE was revived, which is really nice. I want to ask if it
is okay that I do some reporting of the kde-promo mailinglist ...

Right now I asked the kde-promo mailinglist if they are okay with this and if
so I would like you to consider to include the following in KC KDE. (see
attachment)

If I misunderstand the way this is done please let me know ...

Cheers'

Fabrice Mous

["kde-promo.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
title="Finally ... a chilean KDE website"
author="KDE Promo Team"
contact=""
subject="Finally .... a chilean KDE website"
archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-promo&m=105168570601280&w=2"

<quote who="Duncan Mac-Vicar">
After battling 3 months with a insane guy who owned kde.cl domain and used it
to display "KDE sucks!!!" messages and pr0n text, a group of chilean
opensource world, in a quick and fantastic move noticed that this strange guy
forgot to pay and notified a friend of mine, who called me to my mobile while
I was in the Uni, I ran, asked my mom my credit card number by phone and
registered the domain.

I setup a simple site, with 4 important sections: User - Developer -
Enterprise and Project Info. Some content is online for each section and I
will add more useful stuff asap. (I did this quickly in a few hours to have
something online)

The next step will be organize a community with some interested people already
contacted me. Future promotion will be centered in ( what I believe is the
best way to promote KDE ) promoting, and giving away Knoppix CDs.

Thanks to a chilean company, Creativa, we have free hosting for the site.
Thanks for Sebastian Beeche and Matias Fernandez for all the support they
have gave to me both for Kopete and now for KDE.

</quote>

Duncan Mac-Vicar is the offcial KDE representative for Chile an also the original \
author, core developer and project leader of Kopete, the flexible and extendable \
multiple protocol instant messaging system for KDE. You can find the newly created \
chilean KDE website <a href="http://www.kde.cl/">here</a>.

Want to help promote our lovely desktop? Please checkout our mailinglist <a \
href="http://www.kde.org/mailinglists/">kde-promo</a> and website. For this you don't \
need to be a programmer, just your enthousiasm thank you :o) </p>

</section>