List:       kc-kde
Subject:    [kc-kde] more contribs
From:       Jürgen Appel <juergen_appel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-05-04 13:57:58

lo russel. i gathered some more from my lists and got some more for the
newsflash (replacing the old one).
btw: please keep cc'ing my. somehow i did only get your cc last-time but not
the mail you sent to the kc.. i subscribed with another email-addy to the
kc's list..
sea ya,

Juergen.
["icon.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
   title="KOffice Icon Contest and What Has Happened"
   author="Juergen Appel"
   contact=""
   subject="Koffice Icon Contest Failure"
   archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&amp;m=105178354428607&amp;w=2"
   posts="3"
   startdate="Wed Apr 30 20:52:40 2003"
   enddate="Fri May 2 09:47:02 2003"

In former time, there was a hailing for help, aka <a href="http://dot.kde.org/1045754124/">
icon contest for KOffice</a>, time has passed since then, Ismail Donmez reports:

<quote who="Ismail Donmez">
Sorry to inform you that Koffice Icon Contest was a complete disaster for me.
Although idea got high votes @ kde-look.org nobody submitted anything for
contest nor even contact me about it. So I guess I failed on my all
estimations.
</quote>
What will happen with all the children now?
Cheer up, cartman, we won't despair, because yet - there is hope.</p>

which became quickly famous among the free-(os)-world.</p>
Through the dark woods of the wildernis, it has been heralded by Sven Lueppken:
<quote who="Sven Lueppken">
Yes, indeed, I spoke with Everaldo and he wants to contribute Crystal icons
for KOffice. I wrote him another mail today, will wait till I get an answer
and inform you then :)
</quote>
</section>
["kchart.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
   title="KChart Evolution. Probably."
   author="Juergen Appel"
   contact=""
   subject="KChart development"
   archive="http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&amp;m=105189047704334&amp;w=2"
   posts="4"
   startdate="Fri May 2 17:29:22 2003"
   enddate="Sat May 3 01:47:54 2003"

<topic>KOffice</topic>
<topic>KChart</topic>
Andreas Nicolai was also on the search and is now trying a different approach,
saying:

<quote who="Andreas Nicolai">
I just wanted to ask whether there is someone actively developing KChart at
the moment. I'm desperately looking for a good chart drawing program under
linux and failed to find one yet. But if there would be a way to join the
developer team and actively enhance and improve KChart I really would be
pleased to hear from you.
</quote>

In the response, Karl-Heinz Zimmer explains the current situation. :
<quote who="Karl-Heinz Zimmer">
As written (in PM) to Andreas I probably *ought* to contribute
considerably more time and brain to KChart development!
(and I kind of feel guilty for having done literally nothing in that
 area since ages)
The current situation is that KD Chart can do *lots* of things a KChart
user has no idea about since the KChart configuration dialogs cover only
about 50% (or less) of the configuration options by KD Chart.
Also - and this is of equal importance - I did not update the KChart
sources since quite a while: the reason for this is that we actively
prepared our KD Chart 1.0 release and all development time and brain
was put on getting this done.
</quote>
are wondering what's the difference between KD Chart and KChart: KD Chart = backend,
KChart = frontend aka the one who knows what to do vs the one you see and tell what
to do.
</section>
["newsflash.xml" (text/xml)]

<section
   title="Newsflash"
   author="KC KDE Team"
   subject="Development News"

If you believe it's about the Simpsons, rather check out the new section on
make the weather-theme work, like me.<br/>
If you think it's a good thing to integrate into KDE, you might want to wait a minute
before you start coding. At the moment there are at least 3 different versions of
Karamba, but the effort is underway to merge these three into one. Now, go ahead
for <a href="www.kde-look.org">eye-kandy</a> or for shorts..
KAddressbook into one application. Did ye, he? Anyways, you can watch it's current
state <a href="http://ktown.kde.org/~danimo/kontact_mail.png">here</a>
, ehrm, <a href="http://ktown.kde.org/~danimo/kontact_organizer.png">here</a>
 and.. maybe <a href="http://ktown.kde.org/~danimo/kontact_addressbook.png">here</a>.
Notice the working geodata plug-in!! Thus the groupware functionality is not yet
in place, i feel like saying wooohaaa!!!! Okay, back to business. Nice work by the way.
</section>