List:       kc-kde
Subject:    Re: [kc-kde] Suggestion for next kc
From:       Juergen Appel <predator1710 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-06-23 20:08:57

Am Sonntag, 23. Juni 2002 19:26 schrieb Gabriel Rodríguez Alberich:
> El Dom 23 Jun 2002 18:35, Charles de Miramon escribió:
> > I'm the French translator  of kc kde#39.
>
> Hi, I'm the Spanish one. I just subscribed to the list.
>
> > Could the team responsible for the
> > English version be careful not to insert too long extracts of e-mails. It
> > is a painless job for you to cut and paste but a hard one for me to
> > translate it afterwards, especially when the e-mail is written in bogey
> > English.
>
> That's true. I sometimes have to sweat blood to catch some pieces of
> obscure hacker slang, but I'm usually saved by the holy context.
>
> > For example, I would  like to point  # 5 of kde #39 (humm... humm
> > Juergen), the extract of Scott Wheeler's mail is much too long for the
> > information contained in it and there are sentences that make no sense
> > (at least to me)
> >
> > : 'I'm not trying to comandere this thing'
>
> I think I've got this one. "Comandere" looks like "command" or italian
> "comandare", both meaning "lead", which pretty fits into its context.
>
> > ... 'I may start looking into
> > writing something to write kvtml'.
>
> I think he means that he wanna code something which can write (and not only
> read) kvtml formatted files.
>
> > Please edit the e-mails to keep only the most informative part (as a rule
> > of thumb I would say no more than 10-20 lines) and summarize the rest,
> > reread the extracts to make sure they are understandable out of context
> > and  you will make your faithful translator happy.
>
> That would make me happy too :-)

I will address to that :) Honestly, I did not understand everything either
because he went into the technical part of his ideas, thus I did not know
which information is crucial for coders and what is.. not so important, so I
posted his lenghty email in the whole. But you're right, I did not think
about the translators in this very moment :(
You re probably happy to hear that the next 3 articles I'm on are short n
sweet.
thank you for your hard work,

Juergen.